Friday, November 28, 2008

E-mail to journalist from HPV-vaccine patient

I am a 22 year old female from Australia. Last Thursday I received my 1st dose of Gardasil from my GP. I had no idea of what it could do! I already have HPV, and undergo paps and colposcopies regularly to keep and eye on it. I didn't see the point in getting the needles, but I was told I still should! I have it though, what can it do?? I was told it is free, so I should just have it.

I felt fine on Thursday. I felt tired and was extremely dizzy on Friday. I woke up Saturday morning and my left wrist felt like it had been jarred really bad. Saturday night I thought my legs were aching, so I headed to bed to rest them up. I woke up Sunday morning and it hurt to do anything — every one of my joints was in severe pain. Come this morning (Monday morning) my fingers have swollen to twice their usual size and I have been in tears all day because the pain in my joints is almost unbearable. I cannot pour myself a drink, make my own food, put my shoes on or anything — it bloody hurts! Typing this is painful. Something is really wrong with me!

I went back to my doctor, I told her I thought I was having a reaction to Gardasil. She said that the pain I was experiencing could not be a reaction to Gardasil because they did tests and half the girls tested were not injected with Gardisal. The complaints of muscle and joint pain were the same in the girls injected as the ones not injected!

I don't know what else it could be. She said it is something else because I had a gastro viral bug a couple of weeks ago, and that was followed by a rash! And I am normally healthy! But something isn't right. She took blood, but I just know that I am going to get brushed off. This isn't normal!!

I have no idea what to do. I've been trying to research on the net, and from what I am reading this stuff does happen! Girls are dizzy, fainting, having seizures, and some are paralyzed. Is severe joint pain usual? Can you please tell me anything you know!!

I don't want to get the other needles, but everyone thinks I am crazy. I am not crazy, it just hurts so so much, and I am scared of what is happening to me! It is scary how I feel right now, and will it ever go away?! And what kind of stuff is going to happen to me in the future?! I wish I never said yes to getting it. I feel so stupid!

I'm scared, and thought you may be able to tell me if this is a reaction other people have had before?

I don't know what to do! I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I don't know how I am going to do it!




http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/janak/080406

No comments:

Post a Comment